Marble countertops are a beautiful addition to any home, but they require special care and maintenance to keep them looking their best. If you’re wondering how to care for and maintain your marble countertops, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll share expert tips from top granite fabricators to help you keep your marble countertops in pristine condition.
First, let’s talk about why marble requires special care. Marble is a natural stone that is porous and prone to staining. It is also sensitive to acidic substances like lemon juice and vinegar, which can etch the surface of the stone. To keep your marble countertops looking their best, you need to take extra precautions when cleaning and maintaining them.
So, how do you care for and maintain your marble countertops? Here are some expert tips from top granite fabricators:
1. Clean spills immediately: Marble is porous and can absorb liquids quickly, so it’s important to clean up spills immediately to prevent staining.
2. Use a pH-neutral cleaner: Avoid using acidic or abrasive cleaners on your marble countertops. Instead, use a pH-neutral cleaner specifically designed for natural stone.
3. Seal your countertops regularly: Marble countertops should be sealed regularly to protect them from stains and etching. Talk to your granite fabricator about the best type of sealer for your specific type of marble.
4. Avoid placing hot items directly on the surface: Marble is heat-resistant, but it can still be damaged by extreme temperatures. Always use a trivet or hot pad when placing hot items on your countertops.
5. Use cutting boards and coasters: To prevent scratches and etching, always use cutting boards and coasters on your marble countertops.
By following these expert tips, you can keep your marble countertops looking beautiful for years to come.